Technical Sales Executive
A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ireland are recruiting for a motivated, commercially minded Sales individual with an outgoing personality. The position will require previous experience of professional entertainment technology equipment; Lighting, Audio, Video/AV, Rigging & Broadcast with some technical capacity. This will suit a hands-on person with strong communication skills and a professional but friendly customer focussed approach. The role requires regular travelling on a national basis so a clean driving license is required.
Working nationally you will provide product demos to customers, explaining products on a basic technical level and interpreting and advising on equipment choices based on customers requirements and feedback. This is a chance to develop and grow the business for the company in Ireland. You will be working within a small friendly team with a company that has a long established and highly regarded worldwide reputation within the industry. We value our employees and the position offers a competitive compensation and fantastic prospects for career growth for the right person.
- Organise regular visits to key accounts, other existing customers and to potential customers for new business.
- Provide demo’s and explaining products on a basic technical level. Interpreting and advising on equipment choices based on customer’s requirements and feedback
- Talking daily to designers, technicians and other influential industry professionals via phone, email and face-to-face to enhance our customers’ experience with us
- To act as a key contact person between the company and its existing and potential customers for product support, customer orders, quotes, queries, returns & complaints….
- Plan your own weekly meetings & appointments in advance
- Identifying and maximising commercial opportunities promoting specific key brands and products, spotting upselling opportunities where possible
- Working with customers to tailor a solution to their requirements
- Help identify new markets, trends and business opportunities
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through networking, via telephone calls and emails, monitoring social media
- To help negotiate on price, the terms of an agreement and close sales (where appropriate)
- Actively advising customers on new products and on forthcoming product developments and discuss special promotions/deals
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations and also entertaining of customers and suppliers as and when required.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in the entertainment Lighting industry, preferably within a technical role with a Theatre, venue or hire company.
- A working knowledge of Audio, Rigging, Video/AV, Broadcast & Architectural lighting products would be an advantage
- You will be a highly organised individual, able to efficiently manage your own time and prioritise workload
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving busy environment and able to adapt to change as required
- Regular national travel is part of the job, so there will the requirement to work away from home on a weekly basis
- Previous experience of Avolites control solutions would be a benefit
- A clean driving license is essential